HOW TO APPLY TO MONTICELLO COLLEGE
Undergraduate Application Process
At Monticello College we employ the Seminar Format for our classes. This means we study one subject at a time for a duration of 2 days to 3 weeks. Nearly our entire curriculum consists of original sources and most of those are consumed as whole works. Needless to say, we do a lot of reading. As it is common to discuss one or more new books per class period, preparation for a school year requires reading at least part of the next year’s curriculum weeks or even months in advance. We recommend an 8-week (4 hours a day) preparation time. We also recommend that serious students acquire some books and begin reading even before being accepted as a student to get a jump on the readings.
We recommend that you begin your application process as soon as possible and that you have all portions of the application submitted long before the deadline. You should plan to purchase the whole year’s worth of books at one time as some books we use are considered rare and are difficult to find or have a long shipping time, so plan to begin your book purchasing process with lots of lead time.
Monticello College will consider applicants to our program who meet the following conditions:
- Are beyond the age of Utah Compulsory Education (18 years old)
- Have received either a high school diploma or satisfactorily passed the General Educational Development Test. (Monticello College is a test-optional school and does not ask for national standardized tests - ACT/SAT)
- Satisfactorily passed the MC entrance interview
Applicants must submit:
Download Undergraduate Application
» Pay Undergraduate Application Fee
Transcripts from any other institutions of higher education
Have received either a high school diploma or satisfactorily passed the General Educational Development Test
Three letters of recommendation
A creative sample
GRADUATE APPLICATION PROCESS
- Complete/submit admission application or apply online
- Pay the $75 non-refundable application fee. A $25 late fee will apply for all applications submitted after the deadline. MC will accept applications after the admissions deadline, but admission is not guaranteed.
- Choose application Path A or Path E:
- Path A - Academic
- Submit official college/university transcripts for all schools attended.
- Submit three letters of reference.
- Submit an essay (min. 1,500 words) addressing the statement, “The role of liber education in American Leadership.”
- Submit all other related fees, documents and transcripts by the deadline.
- Path E – Entrepreneur
- Submit a historical summary of your business including number of employees, company accomplishments, employee training program, and social impact
- Confirm business ownership by supplying the following: copy of business license, website address, and report of annual revenue.
- Submit three letters of reference.
- Submit an essay (min. 1,500 words) addressing the statement, “The role of liber education in American Leadership”
- Submit all other related fees by the deadline.
Application Deadlines: February 1.
One week after submitting the application, students should contact MC to arrange for an academic interview.
Students who are accepted into the degree program and who at any time thereafter fail to enroll in classes for two or more consecutive semesters must reapply. Readmitted students do not lose credit for previously completed courses, but they are subject to the current graduation requirements of the program, which may have changed and may not include all of the courses a student has previously completed.
*Online applicants have a relaxed admissions policy. Online students may transfer as on-campus students once they have proven proficiency in the on-campus admission criteria.
Annual Tuition Schedule
|Master's Degree Online Hybrid
|Residency (Board and Room)*
* Board and Room may vary; all single students will be housed on campus. Books may vary and are the responsibility of the student. All candidates pay a $50 application fee. All accepted students will receive the Founders Scholarship until 2025.
All candidates pay a $50 application fee. A $25 late fee will be assessed for applications that arrive beyond the due date.
Bachelor Degree On-campus Tuition and Fees
The annual amount for tuition and fees is $5,950. State law prohibits payments for more than one semester at a time. You may pay a semester in full ($2,975.00) or enroll in a 10-payment 2-semester payment plan. A 10% finance charge of $595.00 is added to the total amount (annual total will be $6,545). The first payment is $1,000 followed by 10 payments of $554.50. A late fee of $50.00 is assessed for each late installment payment. The first payment is anticipated in March. A written commitment that the student will pay for the complete year in which he or she is enrolled is required. There is no penalty to pay-off the installment plan early.
Master's Degree On-campus Tuition and Fees
The annual amount for tuition and fees is $8,948. State law prohibits payments for more than one semester at a time which is $4,474. Payment plans can be considered.
Master's Degree On-line Payment Plan
The annual amount for tuition and fees is $4,000. State law prohibits payments for more than one semester at a time.
All semester tuition is due 45 days before the commencement of the semester in question. Payment plan schedules may be allowed if arranged before the due date.
» Pay Tuition Here
All enrollments are subject to a three business day (m-f) cooling-off period, commencing with the day the initial deposit or payment toward tuition is made, until midnight of the third business day following such date, during which time the contract may be rescinded, and all monies paid refunded. A written statement of withdrawal received by Monticello College or postmarked before midnight of the third business day, shall be deemed as meeting the terms of the cooling-off period. In order to receive a refund beyond the cooling-off period, any enrolled student who is dismissed or who withdraws must submit a written statement of withdrawal and refund request. Monticello College shall retain $150 of tuition and/or fees as a nonrefundable registration charge. A percentage of all tuition/fees paid over and above the nonrefundable registration charge shall be refunded for the current academic period within 30 days of disenrollment. Refunds shall be made according to the Tuition Refund Schedule below:
Tuition Refund Schedule
|Date of withdrawal of the enrollment period for which the student was obligated
||Portion of tuition and fees obligated and paid that are eligible to be refunded to the student
|Before cooling-off period expires
|Prior to the semester start date
||85% (minus $150)
|Within the first 5 days of the semester
||50% (minus $150)
|Within the next 10 days of the semester
||20 % (minus $150)