San Juan Permaculture Institute
2021 Permaculture Design Certification Course
Date: August 10th – 21st, 2021
Location: Monticello College Campus
Become a Certified Permaculture Designer and learn how to apply natural law to garden, home, business and community to create well-designed abundant, self-fertile and self-regulating systems.
Upon completion of the course graduates receive a Permaculture Design Certificate, an internationally-recognized credential for design consulting. The course is a mixture of both classroom and outdoor hands-on projects.
Our 12-day hands-on Permaculture Design Certification Course teaches you:
- The 3 Ethics and 12 Natural Principles of Permaculture Design
- Map Making, Sector Analysis, Element and Zone Mapping
- The Patterns of Nature and Pattern Language techniques
- Climates and Eco-Systems, Soil Analysis, Terraforming and Water Strategy
- How to develop self-fertile, self-watering, self-regulating plant systems that require no external pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers and even no weeding!
- Plant Systems, Food Forests and the 7 Types of Forest Products, The 7 Layers of Perennial Systems, Stacking Succession and Function
- Efficient, healthy animal strategy
- Invisible Structures: Dynamics among Humans, Law, Codes and Zoning, Liability, US Legal Entity Strategy
- Concepts in Natural Building Design and Authentic Human Settlements and Villages
- Natural Nutrition and Medicine both from the plants you planted, as well as the plants you didn’t!
- Plant Identification, study of local plant species
Hands-on activities include:
- Construction of a large straw bale structure
- Survey and dig swales on contour
- Plant a food forest
- Identify and harvest nutrition a 90ijn nd medicine from wild plants
- Create natural, healthy meals from whole foods found in the country side, grown in the garden or stored in the pantry / root cellar
Register Form Goes Here
Cost: $1,500 (Bring a family member for an extra $500)
Meals are included. Onsite Camping & Facilities provided. Local Hotels Available.
Limited Seating, sign up NOW!
For more information about the PDC, call (435) 590-1661.